To establish a DevOps style of work requires a new culture within the entire organization. So how do you go about it? Insted of optimizing within their silos, developers, operations as well as the business need to work together to establish joint targets.
- Insted of optimizing within their silos, developers, operations as well as the business need to work together to establish joint targets.
- Teams need to be cross-function and embrace an agile methodology with joint cooperation on continuous improvement.
- They will require modern and efficient tooling to support agile cooperation.
- Management support/follow up will be vital.
- Establish joint target/strategy.
- Ensure management support and budget.
- ”Think big – act small – scale fast”.
- Establish good examples!
- Start with small joint team of Dev and Ops for a specific project.
- Continuously evaluate and improve.
- Choose and test tooling to support agility and self service.
- Establish a methodology through the good example!
- Market the good example!
- Ensure continued management support.
- Establish ”DevOps” teams and allocate them physically together if possible.
- Create incentives and targets for cooperation.
- Project Manager – Facilitator – Not leader/manager.
- Train on the established tooling.
- Establish KPIs on important processes.
- Establish culture of sharing.
Did you like this? There is much more to learn
Download the full comprehensive guide here