In this hands-on lab, you will learn how to deploy and manage applications using a dedicated OpenShift Enterprise 3 by Red Hat environment using the docker containers and orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift Enterprise. Diving a bit deeper, we'll learn how to use the Source 2 Image project to automatically build and deploy docker images straight from source code.
After that, we'll take it up a notch by learning how to add databases and scale the application to achieve fast response times for your users.
At the conclusion of this lab, you'll have built a geo-spatial application backed with a MongoDB database, and you'll understand the workflow to build, deploy, scale, and manage applications deployed using docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift Enterprise 3.
No coding experience is required as all of the source code will be provided for you.
- 09:30am - 09:45am --- Registration & breakfast. (15 min)
- 09:50am - 11:20am --- OpenShift intro & architecture, and hands on Part 1 (130min)
- 11:30pm - 12:40pm --- Lunch break & networking (70min)
- 12:50pm - 15:00pm --- Hands on Part 2, OpenShift product roadmap. Whats next? (130min)
- 15:10pm - 15:50pm --- Red Hat Services, closing remarks. (40min)
- 16:00pm --- Arrangement closed.
Date: Tue, September 6, 09:30am – 3:50pm
Address: Redpill Linpro AS, Vitaminveien 1A, 0485 Oslo
- Classroom Capacity: 24 people.
- Equipment: Own laptop required (detailed instructions and SW provided closer to the date)