In a recent report Business Insider estimates municipalities worldwide to increase their spendings on IoT systems from 36 billion dollar (2014) to 133 billion dollar in 2019 and that the investment will generate 421 billion in economic value for cities round the globe.
McKinsey lists 6 successful government initiative, that might serve as inspiration:
- Win government-wide and agency-deep commitment to specific digital targets
- Establish government-wide coordination of IT investments
- Redesign processes with the end user in mind
- Hire and nurture the right talent
- Use big data and analytics to improve decision making
- Protect critical infrastructure and confidential data
The State of Colorado, through IDG Contributor Network, shares an intresting case of what digital transformation can mean to the public sector. Concluding "The thing about digital transformation is that those who are truly evolved in this area aren’t necessarily IT organizations: it’s the businesses that are thinking outside the box with their technology".
In this collection of essays from the European center for government transformation we get to know the point of view on how Europe can lead public sector transformation.
Several of our customer projects nominated for eDiamond Awards at the eGoverment Days 2016
- Alingsås is nominated for the education portal Arena that we have developed. Alingsås has a long term strategy in Open Source and open interfaces and have developed an open platform for education portals that can be used and easily adapted to other municipality needs.
- Lantmäteriet is nominated for the Minecraft geodata implementation supplied as open data. We have delivered systems and services for the API management system that handles the open data.
- Customer case - Lantmäteriet, SKL, Västtrafik, Alingsås
- Solutions & services - Integration & API, Agile IT Operations, digital workplace, automation, cloud
- Videos, white papers & guides - API Ready E-book
Also glance at:
- Kvarndammen (KVD)
- Capio S:t Görans Hospital - an emergency hospital put to the test
- Trap Danmark creates thorough encyclopaedia over Denmark
Make the organizations internal and external information available in order to increase transparence, beneficence and speed of interaction internally, with customers and other organizations. This must happen within an ecosystem that is capable of delivering IT solutions in an ever increasing speed.
This survey covers the digitalisation in the Nordics. It shows the need for making businesses more efficient, and singles out that aspect as the most important driver for digitalisation, followed by the need to automate processes. More interesting findings in the report.